Added July 2, 2021
• solid writing and communication skills
• extensive experience in managing projects and coordinating teams of consultants and support staff
• no qualms about interviewing facility users and stakeholders
• an aptitude for critical thinking and problem solving
• an understanding of building systems
• a mindset that is inquisitive and open to learning
• an ability to convey information graphically using conceptual/relational diagrams
• a working knowledge of standard office computer software and web-based applications
• proficiency in Excel and desktop publishing/graphics software (knowledge of InDesign and CAD is a plus, as is a readiness to work in a Mac environment)
• an openness to working with national defense agencies
• a willingness to travel regionally and engage in occasional physically demanding work
Required Qualifications: Candidates must have a professional degree in architecture* with 5-10 years of experience in architecture or planning; an architectural license or considerable progress toward licensure; and experience in facility programming, master planning, and project management.
*A degree and experience in planning OR certification by the American Institute of Certified Planners will be considered in lieu of a professional architecture degree.
Responsibilities: Primary responsibilities include understanding each client’s program needs, assessing existing facility and site conditions, and translating this information into a facility program or a facility/campus master plan. Our projects can vary greatly, ranging from campus master plans and individual building facility programs to feasibility studies and conceptual design plans for complex and unique laboratory facilities.
Our staff members draw on unparalleled experience in facility master planning, facility programming, urban and community planning, and facility evaluation. As part of our team, you will be presented with opportunities to develop career skills relevant to pre- and post-design services such as campus master planning, facility programming, facility condition index (FCI) and facility condition assessment (FCA) analysis, capital improvement project (CIP) planning and estimating, and post-occupancy evaluations. You will be exposed to a wide array of building types, which will provide invaluable career-enhancing lessons.
We work in a team atmosphere, are family-friendly, have flexible hours, and offer a competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance, paid holidays, and accruable vacation time.
Architectural Research Consultants, Inc. (ARC) is a unique Albuquerque-based architectural consulting firm specializing in the areas of planning, architectural programming, facility evaluation, and architectural research. Founded in 1976, it is the largest and longest-established planning firm in New Mexico. ARC works with a variety of clients including educational entities and national, state, and local government agencies. We also provide facility master plan services for many of the State’s school districts, community colleges, and universities, protecting public investment and providing better school facilities for students and staff.